I was walking back home after our sleepover at Kimberly's house. Was wondering whether i should go straight home or wait for my dad to fetch me from the train station on the way to dinner. I decided against both and decided to make a trip to the library.
As i walked into the library and think of all the times i went in feeling a little disappointed and sad, for nowadays, it's almost ascertained that i went there to study. And studying is tiring. Reading books you liked wasn't. But truth is, i haven't had much courage to venture into books, afraid that i'd never let go of it, or maybe disappoint myself. It has always been hard trying to get the right book.
I walked about and saw photograph exhibits so i lingered around and pondered over the photographers' point of view. I finished the small exhibit in a while and was strolling towards the steps leading up to the second floor, where the Young Adults section was. I felt in my heart happiness, for i wasn't studying. Finally. I get to read.
As i was about to ascend the steps, i felt my heart telling me to look back. I did. And i saw the New Arrivals. One particular book caught my eye, but i picked up another book that was nearer to me. I didn't know why but i put it back on the rack after flipping through the synopsis although it appeared to be quite interesting. Then, i saw a book on equestrian and i picked that too. Same thing happened - it went back on the shelf. It was then i know it was fate, that what caught my eye would be what i'd be borrowing. And i did.
The book was called:
The view on the way down. It was written beautifully by
Rebecca Wait. The title attracted me. I had my doubts as to whether it'd be worth the read and all but i tried anyway. It seemed interesting and something about it told me i'd connect with it so i plunged right into it.
I'd say, it wasn't supremely spectacular but it was really good. Like really good. It made me think a lot - a lot more about feelings and a lot more about people. There were so many times, i connected with the book. Be it how it related to me in so many different ways or simply just because it was touching. I kept going until it was way past my bedtime and nearing midnight. When i woke up, the first thing i did was to continue.
I brought it along during our little family outing and i finished it right after i came home. I cried at so many parts. I was surprised myself, at how nice the book was. I decided to write it down here, so maybe one day, when i'm feeling down or bored or anything i'd read this again. And i'd read the book again. And feel what i felt today.
I wonder if my feelings would change much from today in the future. Sometimes i wished it would. Sometimes i wished it wouldn't. For most, i wished i was and will be strong enough to meet whatever comes my way.
It's been a pretty long time since i've actually written about something in my life. I wonder if i'd revive it again.