Monday, 28 November 2011
Posted by: Kai Yin
Time: 9:00 pm
Comments: 0
Old friends.

As the digits of the clock changed to 21:00:00 and the hands of another sweeps to face the digits 9 and 12, i wonder how many 9 o'clocks have i passed? It's the 28th of November today. I'm really glad that the first time i got to wear the shirt i bought from you a few years ago was today, on your birthday. It was too big for me at first, and too long. Yet as time passed by, i'm glad i fit it perfectly. It kinda sounds foolish to be elated over such a small matter, but the thing is, i didn't really realised that until i changed into my sleeping clothes and just by knowing that it was such a sweet coincidence, i couldn't help but feel my lips curl into a gentle smile.

I started reminiscing about the times you and i were playing and fooling around. Years have passed and i've finally reach the end of what i once had hoped for -- for the end of secondary school life. I remember dearly striving hard to try and hoping we'd go to the same school next time, since we couldn't in secondary life. But now, i smile and think. Maybe it was a good thing. Maybe things would have been awkward if we ended up in the same school yet became like strangers. I'm glad our ties were tested. It may seem bland or weak on the surface, but i don't mind. I loved the times we had and i know we still acknowledge each other even after so long, as great friends. Even as time and tide pass and we no longer went to each other to tell each other our woes in our different lives, i don't mind.

I know the gap has widened and time to time we try to bridge it, but i wouldn't want our friendship to be forced nor do i want you to be hurt in the process. I just hope and pray whatever tough goings you go through, you'll pull through. Even as words slowly became less, i don't mind. All i need was our fun times we had, even if we wouldn't have many more to come, i'm really happy you were with me. I wonder if you enjoyed yourself too, as much as i did, or maybe even more. Having written what has been running through my mind, i am surprised once again. I'd initially wanted to mention 'you' as 'she'. But this useless bum of your friend just couldn't control her own thoughts from guiding her fingers to type 'she' instead of 'you' yea? Haha. I guess this feels more like a letter to you. Even if you never manage to find this and read it, it's alright. Because i really don't need you to know this post ever existed for you.

As my thoughts flow once more, i cannot help but feel like saying something. But in order not to hurt you, whom by any chance might be reading, i'd like to tell you that what i'm about to say doesn't mean that i do not have faith in our friendship but i just want to show that i didn't need you to be my friend for me to be yours: Even if you no longer treat me as a best friend like we once did, you will always be mine. Happy 16th Birthday Vinita. And cheers to many loads more to go.

I'll be loving you as your best friend, always.

Kai Yin.
Twenty Seven.
Capricorn.
Free thinker.
Dreamer.
Hello, I'm a dreamer who loves to laze around and think about almost anything - on Earth and away from Earth. She enters a little land of her own when in deep thoughts and sleep. Always hoping that the world would be filled with smiles and laughters each and everyday. The natural wonders and life on Earth are the roots of her soul. And her deep love for music is undying. "Let each day be a happy day."

Browser: Mozilla Firefox
Screen resolution: 1280 x 800 pixels
Pictures mostly from: Pixdaus Wallhaven
Playlist: Mixpod
Re-established since: 02 August 2009
Host: Blogger
Layout: Indie Devotee
Done by: Victoria